- There are over 143 million orphans in the world today.
- Every DAY 5,760 more children become orphans.
- Every YEAR 2,102,400 more children become orphans.
- 143 million orphans in the world today spend an average of 10 years in an orphanage or foster home.
- Approximately 250,000 children are adopted annually…
- … But every YEAR 14,050,000 children still grow up as orphans and AGE OUT of the system.
- Every DAY 38,493 children AGE OUT.
- Every 2.2 SECONDS, another orphan child AGES OUT with no family to belong to and no place to call home.
- Many of these children accept job offers that ultimately result in their being sold as slaves. Millions of girls are sex slaves today simply because they were unfortunate enough to grow up as orphans.
This information is crushing and we hope it spurs you to respond to the millions of orphans all over the world who are in need of love and care. We encourage you to pray about your response to this devastating information. God calls all of us to help the orphans… What will you do?